The last time you threw a birthday party for one of your kids all you got afterwards were complaints: “I didn’t like the food,” or, “were those my friends or yours?” or worse, “why did my party have to suck so much?”. As a parent, it can be quite hard to throw your kid a birthday party that they will be happy with – after all, what do you know about what their generation wants? Don’t despair though; with a few simple tips you can impress your child and make them look forward to their next party. Here is what you should do:
• Before you invite your friends let them invite their friends. Children change friends very fast – last year’s “in” group may have changed by the time their next birthday comes around. If you take charge of the guest list you may end up inviting the wrong people. Let your child know how many friends they are allowed to invite, and then based on their list you can come up with yours.
• Throw an age-appropriate party. What rocked your kid’s world when they were ten years old may be a huge embarrassment for them when they are turning twelve. Find out what they enjoy doing as they grow older. You may find that a kid who enjoyed a simple garden party when they were younger may prefer to spend their birthday at the movies watching the latest blockbuster now that they are teenagers, or doing something else outdoors.
• Separate different age groups – if there will be children of different ages it is important to make sure that they are in their own age groups during the party. This way the older ones will not feel like they are stuck with the younger ones and everyone will have lots more fun. If there will be very young children it is worthwhile hiring a babysitter or two.
• If another child will be having a birthday on the same day it is talk to your child about moving theirs to another day. This way the guests will not have to choose between two parties.
• Avoid competing with other parties in the neighborhood – so your neighbor threw a big bash for their child, it doesn’t mean that you have to do the same. Your child will be much happier with a party that they feel is unique to them, and that they helped plan it.
Good luck and have fun!
Event marketing continues to play a vital role for countless clients and functions. Whether for charitable and philanthropic events to outdoor concerts, there are countless ways to market and advertise events.
While we are all aware of digital marketing, SEO, and social and mobile integration – the latest trends actually revolve around old school advertising techniques. This includes traditional banners, along with posters, fliers, and especially TV and radio spots. In fact, a recent Rotary Club event in Houston solely relied on traditional marketing to effectively attract and engage new participants. According to event manager Rose Thane, “we wanted to see if we could more visitors by simply putting the word out in traditional ways.” Apparently Rose was right – since the event drew over 140 participants for an evening of great food, beverages, and social interaction.
Why Go Back to the Past?
With the advent of social media, countless event managers simply rely on Facebook and Twitter to generate a buzz about their events. In fact, social and mobile marketing is simply the best way to advertise all types of private and public functions. According to some event managers, however, the market has become incredibly saturated with event pages, Tweets, posts, and the usual Instagram and Pinterest uploads. These managers also believe that a return to traditional based marketing allows non-computer users to access information about upcoming events in their neighborhoods and towns. These individuals do not have to worry about social media posts, since traditional fliers and community bulletin board posts are always available.
Types of Traditional Marketing
The old school marketing trend is a break from the usual digital and online advertising techniques. For the new kids on the block, however, many do not realize that at one time – traditional advertising was the only form of marketing available. With retro at an all time high – many events are revolving around vintage or “yesteryear” marketing. This includes:
· Posters – fliers – brochures – pamphlets – leaflets – newsletters.
· Traditional business cards – advertising collateral – hard copies – marketing materials.
· TV/Radio spots – company bulletin board posts – commercials.
· Word of mouth – call lists – advertising in papers, community magazines, and weekly circulars.
While these forms of event marketing may be a thing of the past – they still have a place in today’s SEO and digital dominated market. Event function organizers are also seeing the financial benefits of using certain types of vintage marketing. In fact, this trend is growing worldwide – and seems to be the preferred choice for marketers that are not proficient with today’s burgeoning technologies. While this topic continues to be debated by traditional advertisers and SEO experts, the choice is simply yours to make. When it comes to social media or search engine marketing, there is little to no overhead assess. Similarly, creating fliers or vibrant posters is not that expensive, and helps folks rediscover their creativity and artistic skills.
With traditional marketing seeing a strong resurgence across the globe, could this be a sign of things to come? Have we finally hit the maximum in terms of digital and contemporary marketing on the Web? There are no concrete answers to these questions – but if the current trend continues – we could be seeing a return to traditional event marketing across the board.
Weddings are blessed events that celebrate the bonds of holy matrimony. They also unite loved ones and friends in rejoicing with the couple’s happiness and bliss. From traditional to modern nuptial ceremonies, everything simply has to be right on that special day. This includes the cake and attire – along with catering and reception entertainment. For millennials that are about to tie the knot, the Marriott in Gaithersburg features a myriad of lavish and elegant wedding packages. These are designed to secure the ultimate personalized experience, while helping couples and families ease the strain of extensive planning.
From mouthwatering appetizers to scrumptious entrees, the hotel features a world-class chef and menu that will accentuate any wedding. With captivating interiors and luxurious décor, the venue is also great for corporate events and social gatherings. As part of the wedding packages, patrons will simply love the delicious cocktails and tantalizing dinner selection. For just $135 per guest, they can also enjoy the breathtaking garden landscapes – which are nestled between picturesque backdrops and captivating scenery.
Like all couples, millennials want their wedding memories to be cherished for years to come. These events should also capture the true allure and essence of romance, while building everlasting bonds of love and friendship. With custom nuptial packages – couples never have to worry about seating arrangements, entertainment, food, and beverages. These are included in these special plans, and are overseen by industry-leading concierge and hospitality experts. Couples can also rely on the hotel for beautiful floral arrangements, as well as special meals for vegetarians and guests that only eat kosher. From first-class services to music and more, the staff will truly achieve all desired results for your special day.
From traditional to modern and contemporary weddings, the Marriott is committed to excellence across the board. With a spectacular garden featuring exquisite landscapes, couples and guests will truly enjoy Mother Nature at her finest. The venue can also arrange for photography and videography services upon request. No matter the theme of the ceremony, customized plans are designed to correlate with any and all special requests. This means your country style wedding will be blanketed by items are synonymous with down home ceremonies. For contemporary events, the decor can be secured to capture the look and essence of true modernity. As always, there are delicious dessert items available – along with signature salads, beverages, and spectacular wine and champagne selections.
Situated near a sparkling lake, the venue is simply perfect for all engagements, weddings, and receptions. With a wide array of amenities and dazzling services, all couples and guests will truly be treated like royalty.
Days before any planned event, one gets tensed up and rushing up and down to make final touches on the arrangements tops the list of to do things. The truth is that there is always something worth changing. These changes are what makes one tense. The good news is that you do not have to struggle with the last minute changes if you had an idea as to what pertains marquee hire. Here are several tips on the most important things you need to consider when setting up Marquees.
Weather: weather can be quite unpredictable. Given this fact, you should not take any chances. Choose marquees with the hardest and strongest of materials. Such a marquee is advisable especially if your venue is in some windy place or a place prone to sudden rainfall. In case of rain, constant emptying of gutters is necessary, and this is something you need to plan forehand.
Cooling: Majorities of people pray and hope for a sunny wedding day. Little do they ponder on the heat that comes with the sun. Questions worth asking yourself include if your marquee can open up quickly for easy ventilation. In extreme conditions, you could even consider having fans on standby.
Heating: In some instances, it might be too cold, and the guests need some warmth. It should be a concern for those having events in winter as well as early summer where there are chilly evenings. Therefore, it is wise to have a heating plan on standby lest your guests go home before the event is over, citing cold as their reason.
Lighting: Lighting ranges from candles to chandeliers hanging on the marquee roof. What most people do not seem to understand is that the lighting sets the mood for your event. Therefore, for parties, dim lighting could do just fine but not for corporate marquees where the light should be ample.
Power: Power is very crucial when it comes to running almost everything within the marquee. The sound systems need power; lighting needs power, and so does the mobile toilets. Therefore, call in an expert prior to the event to determine exactly how much power you need. Based on these calculations, you can then hire the appropriate generator. Not to forget that hiding the wiring beneath the carpet or in the ceiling of the marquee requires quite some time. Moreover, it has to get done in a way that it does not put the guests in harm’s way.
Interior: when it comes to the inside, you need to create a theme in which you will fit in decorations. Conduct the chair hire in advance and make sure you get chairs that match your theme or chair covers that blend in with your decorations. You will also need tables and other pieces of furniture. Lastly, if it is a wedding, guests need to eat, and that works best if you did catering hire.
Marquees possess durable elements for any backyard affair or event. Most of these sturdy canopies are made to endure wind storm elements, whilst deflecting sunlight and harmful UV rays.
Marquee Hire Specialists
This produces an appropriate backyard setting for virtually every part or affair. Whether for barbecues, marriages, receptions, or huge grass get-togethers, marquee hire services are affordable and widely utilized. Most of these devices are also easy to put together and remove when not in use. Marquee units can easily be ordered online as well, which helps save time and money.
Chair and Table Hire Servicers
Chair hire services are also great for backyard gatherings and events. Most of these light-weight units are highly mobile and effectively match any event theme or décor. Even hire specialists can easily set up your backyard events as desired. This includes tables, along with patio furniture and a host of accessories.
The key to these events is securing optimal comfort for your guests and patrons. With event hire chairs and tables, you never have to worry about costly rental fees. Local specialists offer a wealth of discounts and savings for new and existing clients. You simply need to contact area professionals for more information of event rentals and services in your area.
Catering for Hire Services
Catering hire services can truly enrich any backyard party or affair. From continental to international favorites, local chefs can create a delicious blend of mouth-watering appetizers and entrees. No matter the theme of the event, they have the tools and experience to dazzle your taste buds.
This includes full buffet services, along with tabled services with uniformed waiters and waitresses. They also have industry-leading bartenders that specialize in a range of beverages and drinks. If planning an outdoor event or indoor party, let the event hire experts facilitate your needs in a timely and professional manner.
Event Hire Experts
Event hire services are a great way to save time and money. These party and event specialists offer a full range of affordable and convenient rentals. They also offer discounts, along with special promotion rates for new clients and customers. From marquees and tables to chairs and furniture, they have everything customers need for indoor and outdoor parties.
They also specialize in P.A. systems, entertainment, sound, and so much more, sound, and so much more. You can also hire these services for birthday parties, anniversaries, Bar Mitzvahs, corporate events, and so much more. If you need tables and catering services, why spend countless dollars on companies that simply cannot deliver? With a true professional even hire agency, you get the best services from the best people in the industry.
For more information, simply contact your local event hire specialist today and get the services you deserve!
Hiring marquees for events has become commonplace – there are now wedding marquees, marquees for garden parties, marquees for corporate events and even marquees for family reunions.
As someone who is going to hire a marquee, it is very important that you take into account all safety issues. It is a mobile structure and anything can happen. Most risk is usually at the time of installation and the time of removal but that is not to say that something cannot happen in between. Here is what you should do to minimize risk.
• The first thing is to know who is responsible. If you are hiring a tent for a company event then the responsibility is upon you to keep your workers safe. If you are hiring for a private event such as a wedding then the liability lies with the marquee company. That said, anyone who hires a tent is responsible for keeping everyone around safe.
• Get a risk assessment and method statement before you hire any marquee company. The good ones will show them to you even before you ask. You should find out how these documents were produced – some unscrupulous businesses use fake documents.
• Ask for current copies of premiums for public liability insurance – this is in case anyone is hurt in the event of an accident. They should also have insurance for all their employees. This ensures that should they get injured while working on your tent they cannot hold you liable. Ensuring that there is insurance is probable the most important part of hiring a marquee.
• Find out who will manage the team while they are working on the site. A foreman is necessary in case you have any concerns. It also makes communication easier when you are dealing with just one person.
• If your marquee is going to be near a walkway you should find out how they intend to keep members of the public safe as they construct and deconstruct it. They ought to put a barrier that can stop any falling items.
• Observe the marquee company when they arrive on site to see how organized they are. Are they systematic? Do they organize all their items to ensure that there is no risk to anyone? If you don’t like what you see you should speak to the foreman right away and tell him your concerns.
• Find out what kind of flooring you will get. Marquees come with different kinds of floors – plastic, wood and so on. There are some floors that are slippery and that increase the risk of falls. These should be avoided. Ask them to install a non-slip floor for your event.
These tips should help you with health and safety issues when you hire a marquee.